Re: [RAI] Expert review of draft-sinnreich-sip-tools-03

Going to another organisation for a definition of profile (ETS 300 406
but I believe it is consistent with ISO 9646):

"A profile identifies a consistent set of chosen options from a base
specification or from a set of base
specifications, in order to provide a given function in a given
environment.
By restricting choices among the options available in the base
specifications, a profile increases the
probability that systems will interoperate, i.e. perform together the
given function to which the profile is
aimed at.
The base specifications upon which a profile is based are called
components of this profile."

What you have is a profile.

What needs to be clear is when that profile is useful to a reader, and
when it merely provides a chocolate teapot. Paul is saying that and I
agree with him. Noone is saying that the profile you have provided is
not useful.

Regards

Keith