Re: SELinux namespaces re-base

On Tue, Aug 6, 2024 at 12:56 PM Stephen Smalley
<stephen.smalley.work@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> With these changes applied, the following sequence works to
> demonstrate creating a new SELinux namespace:
> # Ask to unshare SELinux namespace on next exec
> $ echo 1 > /sys/fs/selinux/unshare
> # Unshare the mount and network namespaces too.
> # This is required in order to create our own selinuxfs mount for the
> # new namespace and to isolate our own SELinux netlink socket.
> $ unshare -m -n
> # Mount our own selinuxfs instance for our new SELinux namespace
> $ mount -t selinuxfs none /sys/fs/selinux
> # Load a policy into our SELinux namespace
> $ load_policy
> # Create a shell in the unconfined user/role/domain
> $ runcon unconfined_u:unconfined_r:unconfined_t:s0-s0:c0.c1023 /bin/bash
> $ setenforce 1
> $ id
> uid=0(root) gid=0(root) groups=0(root)
> context=unconfined_u:unconfined_r:unconfined_t:s0-s0:c0.c1023
>
> NB This new namespace is NOT currently confined by its parent. And
> there remain many unresolved issues.

A couple of additional changes pushed, one to fix a bug in the inode
handling and another to introduce support for revalidating superblock
SIDs and updating them as needed for the namespace. With these
changes, the selinux-testsuite filesystem-related tests appear to pass
within a new SELinux namespace. Other tests vary - some pass, some
fail, some hang.