Re: selinux-testsuite nfs tests?

On Thu, Jan 25, 2024 at 5:09 PM Paul Moore <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 25, 2024 at 10:59 AM Stephen Smalley
> <stephen.smalley.work@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > So as a side-bar is anyone running ./tools/nfs.sh on a regular basis
> > or has it been wired up into the automated testing by anyone? If not
> > and if we can get it back to a clean state, that would be good to do.
>
> I am not as part of my kernel-secnext testing, I should, but I haven't
> had the time to configure that as part of the test run.  Building and
> testing on Debian in addition to Fedora is still higher on my
> kernel-secnext todo list, and I haven't made much progress there.
>
> I believe the IBM/RH folks are doing regular testing, perhaps they
> have something in place?

We don't currently run the NFS-backed selinux-testsuite,
unfortunately. Looking at my unmerged branches, I can see I tried to
add it over 2 years ago, but the note I had left for myself says
"doesn't work yet due to NFS bug", so presumably it wasn't passing
even back then.

--
Ondrej Mosnacek
Senior Software Engineer, Linux Security - SELinux kernel