Re: sb->s_fs_info freeing fixes

On Thu, Aug 31, 2023 at 10:39 AM Christoph Hellwig <hch@xxxxxx> wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 31, 2023 at 10:38:09AM -0400, Paul Moore wrote:
> > No need to change anything in this case, but in the future if there
> > are no patch dependency or ordering issues can you let me take the
> > SELinux patches via the SELinux tree?  It helps prevent merge
> > conflicts during the next merge window and quiets the daily automated
> > checks I have in place to detect SELinux changes outside of the
> > SELinux tree.
>
> Even if this goes into the next merge window we'd need it in the vfs
> tree as it is preparation for other work on VFS interfaces.

That's fine, I would consider that part of the "patch dependency" case
I mentioned above.

My motivation for commenting on this is that I've seen a few recent
cases where some other subsystems have been quick to merge SELinux,
etc. patches and I just wanted to ask that some consideration be made
as it causes us (me) some level of pain.  If there is a good reason
for it, that's fine, being a maintainer is a life of pain ;) but if it
is simply to just get the patch merged into an upstream tree a day or
two earlier I would please ask you to exercise patience and let it be
merged via the appropriate tree.

--
paul-moore.com