Network ports - multiple types?

I've been playing with network port types, and I've just discovered that
it appears to be possible to assign more than one type to a network
port (e.g. udp/1900).

# semanage port -a -t fdf_port_t -p udp 1900
ValueError: Port udp/1900 already defined

# semanage port -m -t fdf_port_t -p udp 1900

# semanage port -l | grep 1900
fdf_port_t                     udp      1900, 3483
ssdp_port_t                    tcp      1900
ssdp_port_t                    udp      1900

And, sure enough, my FDF service is now able to bind to udp/1900.

I was not previously aware of this feature, and my internet searches
aren't turning up anything about it.  I'd just like to confirm that this
is expected behavior (as it just seems really weird).  Are there any
caveats to doing this?

Google                                      Where SkyNet meets Idiocracy