Re: multiple inconsistent perm_map files

On Tue, Jun 6, 2023 at 1:05 PM Stephen Smalley
<stephen.smalley.work@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> There appear to be two separate copies of the permission mapping
> (perm_map) file, one in selinux/python/sepolgen/src/share/perm_map and
> one in setools/setools/perm_map. The first one in selinux hasn't been
> updated since 2016 (just a move) or 2011 (last actual content change).
> The second one in setools has been getting regular updates but the
> seinfoflow man page refers to the location where the first one from
> selinux is installed.

SETools ships with its own perm_map so that it is usable on
non-SELinux systems. I'll remove the sepolgen reference from the
seinfoflow man page. I don't know how sepolgen uses perm_map.

> Also guessing that no one has written a perm_map for Android userspace
> classes/permissions.

I don't have one for SETools.

--
Chris PeBenito