Re: Potential regression/bug in net/mlx5 driver

On Thu, Apr 13, 2023 at 10:54 AM Jakub Kicinski <kuba@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Mon, 10 Apr 2023 08:46:05 +0300 Leon Romanovsky wrote:
> > > I haven't seen any updates from the mlx5 driver folks, although I may
> > > not have been CC'd?
> >
> > We are extremely slow these days due to combination of holidays
> > (Easter, Passover, Ramadan, spring break e.t.c).
>
> Let's get this fixed ASAP, please. I understand that there are
> holidays, but it's been over 2 weeks, and addressing regressions
> should be highest priority for any maintainer! :(
>
> From what I gather all we need here is to throw in an extra condition
> for "FW is hella old" into mlx5_core_is_management_pf(), no?

That's my gut feeling too, at least for a quick solution.  I'd offer
to cobble together a fix, but my kernel expertise ends well before I
get to the mlx5 driver :)

I have been running for a while now with that small patch reverted on
my test machines (so I can keep my tests running) and everything seems
to be okay, but there may be other issues caused by the revert that
I'm not seeing.

--
paul-moore.com