Re: [RFC] Signals upon avc denial

On Wed, Sep 15, 2021 at 2:27 AM Josh Gao <jmgao@xxxxxx> wrote:

> On Tue, 2021-09-14 at 10:38 -0400, Stephen Smalley wrote:
> > Currently in the case of SELinux those attribute values are stored in
> > the cred security blob, which
> > used to be the task security blob (hence the legacy
> > task_security_struct name) before creds existed.
> > Later LSM revived support for a separate task security blob for the
> > sake of TOMOYO so that does exist
> > if needed but SELinux doesn't currently allocate or use it. AppArmor
> > switched to using it for its task-specific
> > state after it was restored; SELinux could split its current
> > task_security_struct into two parts (per-cred and
> > per-task) and do likewise if that is worthwhile (not sure).
>
> My understanding is that `struct cred` is a per-task attribute, not
> per-thread-group, so different threads can have different task security
> blobs. Do you know if this is possible without doing something weird
> like setuid in a multithreaded process?

You can't just set the audit signal once in the first thread before
creating multiple threads and let the child threads inherit it across
clone(2)?
Currently ->exit_signal and ->pdeath_signal are part of task_struct,
so it seems consistent to put this into something per-task,
whether part of task->security or task->cred->security. If not and it
needs to be shared across a thread group, I guess you could try to
get a new security field added to the appropriate structure instead.