Re: lets think about 3.3 release

James Carter <jwcart2@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

> On Fri, Aug 6, 2021 at 2:29 PM Petr Lautrbach <plautrba@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I's about 184 commits and 5 months since the last release so I think
>> it's time to slowly stop the development and start with 3.3 release
>> candidates.
>>
>> According to patchwork, there are few patches in queue which need to be
>> reviewed, or which were reviewed and some change for requested:
>>
>> * https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/11436955/ New [RFC]
>> libsepol,secilc,policycoreutils: add unprivileged sandboxing
>> capability
>> * https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/11668455/ New selinux: make use of variables when defining libdir and includedir
>>
>> old, without any activity for a long time
>>
>> * https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/12291637/ New [v2] checkpolicy: fix the leak memory when uses xperms
>>
>> changes requested
>>
>> * https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/12372487/ New [v2] libselinux: add lock callbacks
>> * https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/12377593/ New libselinux/utils: drop requirement to combine compiling and linking
>>
>> no response yet
>>
>> * https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/12420657/ New [userspace]  libsepol/cil: remove obsolete comment
>>
>> acked, ready to be merged
>>
>> * https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/12422971/ New mcstrans: Improve mlstrans-test output
>>
>> no response yet
>>

>> if I missed something please tell me.
>>

>> There's one issue opened on the mailing list
>>
>> https://lore.kernel.org/selinux/874kc57220.fsf@xxxxxxxxxxx/T/#t -
>> libsepol regressions
>>

> I am working to address this and hope to have something out in the
> next couple of days. I am also working on fixing some issues with the
> line mark stuff in CIL. It would be nice to have both of these in the
> next release, but I don't think they need to hold things up either.
> Jim

It's too soon for me to start worrying about this but:

I don't care if my dssp5 policy breaks due to this regression (that is
what it is) because other than me no one probably uses it, but I also
maintain a policy for OpenWrt which relies on this functionality (or
allowing duplicate blocks, macros) and I would not want to have this
break there come 3.3.

--
gpg --locate-keys dominick.grift@xxxxxxxxxxx
Key fingerprint = FCD2 3660 5D6B 9D27 7FC6  E0FF DA7E 521F 10F6 4098