Re: Defining SELinux users, "Unable to get valid context...". Help!

On Fri, Feb 12, 2021 at 4:52 PM Dominick Grift
<dominick.grift@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Peter Whittaker <peterwhittaker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> > On Fri, Feb 12, 2021 at 2:58 AM Dominick Grift
> > <dominick.grift@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > Thanks to Dominick, I have made at least some progress: I can get the
> > role to transition, but not the user or the process type. Details below.

SNIP

> > That rule was already present (it is the only one I really need, these
> > users will be coming in via SSH only).
>
> Okay I dont think you mentioned that before

No, I didn't. I've been testing with both SSH and local login in an
attempt to determine where the problem might lie.

> > I added process_user_target to the type definition, no effect:
> >
> >     type xferHigh2Local_t, CDTml_types, userdomain, process_user_target;
>
> I dont think you mentioned this before and I think you also didnt
> mention that you had userdomain associates with it.

Correct. Oversight on my part.

> > I then added
> >
> >     role_transition system_r sshd_exec_t CDTml_high2local_r;
>
> That is wrong

OK. I thought so to, thinking that the context/users and default_*
files would control this, but it did cause a change. Thought it might
be a useful data point.

Can you validate my assumption re the users and default_* files?

> > and this got me my first real progress - 'id -Z' now shows:
> >
> >     system_u:CDTml_high2local_r:unconfined_t:s0
>
> Yes but that is wrong

Indeed!

> > What surprises me most is that originally nothing showed up in ausearch.
> > I suppose this is because either PAM or SSHD is doing the computation
> > and not logging it in audit.log, but that is just a guess, likely misguided.
>
> Yes the computation does not cause any logging

Ah. Unfortunate.

> > However! After that last allow, above, I finally have errors in ausearch,
> > many repeats of:
> >
> >     libsepol.context_from_record: invalid security context:
snip

> > I then expanded the basic allow rule for the CDTml_high2local_r role:
> >
> >    role CDTml_high2local_r types {
> >        sshd_t
> >        unconfined_t
> >        xferHigh2Local_t
> >        xferHigh2Local_exec_t
> >    };
>
> Yes but the above is not right, and so those errors are expected.

OK, that makes sense.

> > This didn't get me any farther, though.
> >
> > Do I need to widen the roles associated with CDTml_high2local_u at login?
>
> It helps if you post your full policy related to this and also the output
> of the following:
>
> seinfo -xuCDTml_high2local_u
> seinfo -xrCDTml_high2local_r
> seinfo -xtxferHigh2Local_t

Attached as seinfosnip. You'll see that the final seinfo output is
much too broad, I need to narrow down some of the access rules once I
get basic functionality working.

> That shouldnt matter, but it helps if you post the full policy rather
> than snippets.

Didn't want to overwhelm things! I've attached the full policy, CDTml.te.

> getconlist:
> getdefaultcon:

I'll look into those next week.

> There is also a boolean that might affect things (but speculation
> without a closer look at your policy):
>
> ssh_sysadm_login

I removed the bogus role perms and tried again, with that binary set. No effect.

Thanks again!