Re: working-selinuxns rebase

On Thu, Aug 20, 2020 at 8:10 AM Stephen Smalley
<stephen.smalley.work@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Unfortunately I need to re-base it again and manually fix conflicts
> with my patch to avoid deferencing the policy prior to initialization.
> And I'll need to do it again when/if the patch to convert the policy
> rwlock to rcu lands.  So you might want to wait. I'm starting to
> wonder if the first patch in the series to rename selinux_state/state
> to selinux_ns/ns throughout is a mistake because it produces a lot of
> unnecessary conflicts.  Originally I did it because that was the
> original naming since the encapsulation started to support namespacing
> and then I did a mass rename to selinux_state/state for upstreaming
> since I wasn't yet upstreaming the actual namespace support. Renaming
> it back again reduces conflicts in the later patches but makes the
> first one a pain.  But if I just do a mass rename on all the later
> patches then I can drop the first one and avoid these unnecessary
> conflicts.  Thoughts?

I agree, the first patch is the one that always causes me the most
pain; considering the work-in-progress state of the patches I think it
would make the most sense to drop that initial cosmetic patch for now
and we can always reinstate it at the end when this work finally
lands.

--
paul moore
www.paul-moore.com