Re: Working to enable SELinux on OpenWrt

>>> I am working with Thomas Petazzoni and the OpenWrt community to add
>>> SELinux support to OpenWrt. OpenWrt is a Linux distribution tailored
>>> for running routers and similar devices.
[...]

> Great, thanks for working on this.  I agree that OpenWrt could be a
> compelling use case for SELinux.  In the case of Android, we started
> from scratch to create a policy tailored to its userspace and security
> goals.  Have you considered doing the same for OpenWrt or are you just
> trying to use refpolicy?

Policy will be the second step. Our initial aim is to package the stock
refpolicy, and then I hope to tailor or write policy for common OpenWrt
services. We will expand from there. We are working with the monolithic
policy right now, but I would like to transition to modular policies
once things settle down.

My intuition is that OpenWrt will resemble standard Linux installs more
than Android. We'll see!

--
Mike

:wq