drop symbol versioning from libsepol and libsemanage?

As noted in https://github.com/SELinuxProject/selinux/issues/245,
symbol versioning in libsepol causes problems for LTO.  libsepol and
libsemanage have a handful of versioned symbols due to incompatible
ABI changes made early in the CIL integration.  However, as far as I
can tell, these symbols were only used by other components of the
selinux userspace, not externally.  Should we stop supporting the old
versions going forward and simplify the maps? If so, does this truly
require bumping the .so version or can we omit that since there are no
external users?  Thoughts?