Re: [RFC,selinux-notebook PATCH 05/18] xperm_rules: fully convert to markdown

On Wed, 2020-08-05 at 22:34 -0400, Paul Moore wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 4, 2020 at 12:14 PM Richard Haines
> <richard_c_haines@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > On Mon, 2020-08-03 at 21:33 -0400, Paul Moore wrote:

> > > +*rule_name*
> > > +
> > > +The applicable *allowxperm*, *dontauditxperm*, *auditallowxperm*
> > > +or *neverallowxperm* rule keyword.
> > > +
> > > +*source_type*
> > > +
> > > +One or more source / target *type*, *typealias* or *attribute*
> > > identifiers.
> > > +Multiple entries consist of a space separated list enclosed in
> > > braces \'{}\'.
> > > +Entries can be excluded from the list by using the negative
> > > operator
> > > \'-\'.
> > > +
> > > +*target_type*
> > > +
> > > +The target_type can have the *self* keyword instead of *type*,
> > > *typealias* or
> > > +*attribute* identifiers. This means that the *target_type* is
> > > the
> > > same as the
> > > +*source_type*.
> > > +
> > > +*class*
> > > +
> > > +One or more object classes. Multiple entries consist of a space
> > > separated list
> > > +enclosed in braces \'{}\'.
> >
> > I've had a rethink on this and wonder if it would be clearer if the
> > descriptions were a bullet list:
> >
> > *class*
> >
> > - One or more object classes. Multiple ...
>
> Ooops.  I forgot about this comment in my inbox when I merged the
> patchset; although I guess even if we go with the bulleted list
> having
> the table in markdown first should make this easier.
>
> I guess we could give it a try and see how it looks?  My only concern
> is that sometimes a list with only one item can look a bit "off".  Or
> an I misunderstanding what you are proposing?

I've posted the SE Android section as an RFC patch that converts HTML
tables to lists. See what you think.

I sent the Reference Policy updates yesterday but it never made it to
the list as I didn't realise it was over 100K, still I guess you had
your copy.