Re: [RFC,selinux-notebook PATCH 00/18] markdown conversions and cleanups

On Tue, Aug 4, 2020 at 6:31 AM Richard Haines
<richard_c_haines@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Mon, 2020-08-03 at 21:33 -0400, Paul Moore wrote:
> > This patchset helps to get us a little closer to finishing the work
> > of converting The SELinux Notebook to markdown.  I believe this is
> > a worthwhile goal for two main reasons: it makes the raw markdown
> > much easier to read (the HTML tables are painful in source form),
> > and it makes it easier to render the markdown into different formats
> > (currently HTML and PDF).
> >
> > My original goal for this patchset was to complete the markdown
> > conversion before posting the series, but I now realize that was
> > neither a practical or good idea.  While this patchset may miss my
> > original goal, I do believe it is a step forward both in terms of the
> > raw markdown and the rendered formats, and I would suggest we merge
> > these changes assuming no strong objections.
> >
> > For those who want to quickly check the markdown on GitHub or the
> > rendered HTML and PDF formats, I've included the links below:
> >
> > * https://drop.paul-moore.com/21.HGW6/SELinux_Notebook.pdf
> > * https://drop.paul-moore.com/21.HGW6/SELinux_Notebook.html
> > *
> > https://github.com/pcmoore/misc-selinux_notebook/tree/working-md_full
> >

> I'm okay with these changes.
>
> The changes of tables to lists in the policy rules files
> (xperms_rules.md etc.)  makes the text much easier on the eye when
> reading in all formats. Splitting the policy types looks better too.

Thanks Richard.

> I think a small number of the HTML tables will be difficult to convert
> to pipe tables, also others when converted may require the HTML <br> to
> make them more readable (using <br> seems to be the only way to get
> line breaks in pipe tables). Still, see how it goes !!
>
> Acked-by: Richard Haines <richard_c_haines@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Who doesn't love a good challenge :)

I went ahead and added your ACK to all the patches that weren't yours
(ACK'ing your own patch seems silly) and pushed the bunch to the repo
- thanks!

--
paul moore
www.paul-moore.com