Re: File context rule not working

Ian Pilcher <arequipeno@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

> I'm tearing my hair out trying to figure out why this rule isn't
> matching.
>
>   /usr(/local)?/bin/raidcheck    system_u:object_r:raidcheck_exec_t:s0

Some suggestions in order of likelyness.

It might be that due to the (/local)? part another entry that is more
specific takes precedence. (try splitting the spec into two lines, or
even better make /usr/local/bin the equivalence of /usr/bin). You might
also be able to make it make it more specific by adding the -- filespec,
which you probably should have done anyway (always be as specific as
possible):

/usr(/local)?/bin/raidcheck -- system_u:object_r:raidcheck_exec_t:s0

Maybe these are hardlinks?

Maybe there are equivalence rules in place for these locations. Then you
would have to make the spec apply to the location of which this location
is the equivalence.

--
gpg --locate-keys dominick.grift@xxxxxxxxxxx
Key fingerprint = FCD2 3660 5D6B 9D27 7FC6  E0FF DA7E 521F 10F6 4098