ANN: The SELinux Notebook in markdown on GitHub

If you've followed the SELinux developers mailing list for a while,
you've surely heard of The SELinux Notebook.  For those of you that
haven't, The SELinux Notebook is an effort by Richard Haines to
document all the different aspects of SELinux from the kernel up
through policy.  It's an impressive piece of work, spanning ~345 pages
in the current edition.

Richard has always made The SELinux Notebook freely available, but
with the latest edition Richard has converted the entire document to
markdown and it is now available on GitHub at the link below:

* https://github.com/SELinuxProject/selinux-notebook

Richard has decided that he enjoys life enough without a GitHub
account, so I've posted it on his behalf and with his approval.
Needless to say, this is a significant gift to the SELinux community,
and we all own Richard our thanks.

I've made a few tweaks to the original import from Richard, but these
have mostly been limited to boilerplate, organization, and some
build/formatting fixes so that we could generate a reasonable PDF for
this initial "release".  The latest edition (release?) can be found at
the link below:

* https://github.com/SELinuxProject/selinux-notebook/releases/tag/20200707

It is my hope that we can treat this as a living document, keeping it
current so that it stays relevant and useful.  Those who wish to help
and contribute to the effort can do so via patches to the SELinux
mailing list or via GitHub PRs.  The CONTRIBUTING.md file in the
repository has more information.

Thank you Richard!

--
paul moore