Re: No window opening when running sandbox -S

On 09/06/2020 14:02, Stephen Smalley wrote:
You are using sandbox as packaged by Fedora in
policycoreutils-sandbox?  If so, please file a bug against their
package.

Just tested the version on the selinux repo and works. Will report to Fedora. Thanks.

To be honest, I don't use sandbox myself and I am not sure it is being
very well maintained these days.  It was originally created by Red
Hat.
It seems like it has been OBE by other efforts to sandbox apps on
Linux e.g. flatpak or snaps although I don't know that any of those
are leveraging SELinux.  I'd be tempted to remove it upstream unless
it is getting proper care and feeding.

I have been fiddling with a few alternatives for sandboxing apps but I haven't really found anything that comes close. Probably the best I've seen is firejail and its defaults are not too good (too permissive IMO). It's a shame if it's not being maintained.