Issue with fixfiles excludes

After an SELinux policy update on Fedora 31 triggered a fixfiles that
ran for hours and hours, I looked into why.  It turns out that I have
BackupPC backing up to a different location (separate filesystem mounted
under /srv), so fixfiles was going through millions and millions of
files/directories.

There's a hard-coded exclude list in fixfiles that includes
/var/lib/BackupPC, which seems weird (why BackupPC and no other backup
program?).  Also, there's support for a separate local exclude list -
it's in the man page, but IMHO a little buried towards the end of a
paragraph.

My suggestion would be:

- Make the exclude documentation separated in the man page to make it
  stand out more.

- Make the exclude file a exclude.d directory, so packages can drop in
  exclusions (maybe /etc/selinux/fixfiles.d/*.exclude or the like).

- Remove most/all of the hard-coded exclusions from the script and move
  them to relevant packages; could maybe keep the virtual FS like /sys
  and /proc in the script, but even put things like /mnt and /home in a
  fixfiles.d/default.exclude so they could be overridden by local
  policy.  Then if BackupPC should be excluded, the BackupPC package
  would include the config (which would be a little more obvious to see
  if you move its storage).

Is there any upstream interest in this?  It would all be
straight-forward to change - I can submit a patch if there's a
reasonable chance it would be accepted.

--
Chris Adams <linux@xxxxxxxxxxx>