CFLAGS overridden by distribution build system

Hello,

The current build system of the userspace is setting a lot of CFLAGS, but most of these are overridden by the distributions when building.

Today I received a bug report[0] from Christian Göttsche asking me to set -fno-semantic-interposition again in libsepol. I see also the same flag and also a lot of others set in libselinux and libsemanage build system.

For what I understand some of these are just needed for code quality (-W) and could be controlled by distributions but others might actually need to be always set (-f?).

Shouldn't the flags that always need to be set (which ones?) be moved to a "override CFLAGS" directive to avoid these to be unset by distributions?

Kind regards,

Laurent Bigonville

[0] https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=961329