Deprecated Annotations in libselinux

So I am reviving the work to look at annotating deprecated functions.
I was wondering what folks are thinking around the utility program
matchpathcon, since that interface is deprecated, do we want to:

1. link that statically so we can use internal (non-deprecated) functions
2. update it to use selabel_open and friends.
3. Keep it but have it print out "deprecated" and return 1.
4. Some mix of options 3 and 1