Re: Patch to the context lookup change

On 3/11/19 3:20 PM, Tianjie Xu wrote:
Hi there,
I recently made a change in android's selinux repo. The change implements a new lookup helper function for context matches, and it aims to skip unnecessary restorecon if the corresponding context doesn't change. (Wasn't able to attach the URL to the CL, otherwise it's blocked by spam detector).

Though I haven't done the work to implement this change selinux upstream. I did a local merge and the code compiles. So I wonder if it's possible to merge in this change to the lookup functions first? It will make the upstream & android repo more consistent and also save some work for future merges.

Please, send your patch via git send-email or similar, or otherwise follow Linux kernel instructions for submitting patches. If using a mail client, use one that you can configure to send plaintext-only mail.

As part of the patch description, please include the full rationale for the change, e.g. the motivation for why these changes are being introduced and what they do.