Collecting ideas for audit2allow improvement

Hi,

I would like to improve SELinux audit2allow tool as my bachelor thesis.
I collected ideas from my colleagues from RedHat SELinux team and I would also
like to hear your ideas - what would you improve to make audit2allow smarter or
easier to use.

Ideas collected so far:

  * offer dac_read_search when sufficient instead of dac_override
    (see <https://github.com/SELinuxProject/selinux/issues/31>)
  * offer multiple solutions to a problem (example: 1) add allow rule for
    execute + execute_no_trans or 2) add allow rule for execute
    + type_transition rule)
  * interactive mode: ask questions and choose best solution
  * warn when solution touches trusted computing base (rules you should not be
    adding)
  * suggest alternate labels for content, example: httpd_t not allowed to write
    to user_home_t, might suggest that changing the label to
    httpd_user_content_t
  * output to CIL (add option for this)
  * if the AVC talks about execute permission then offer also type_transition
    rule
  * idea for a tool for automatic policy generation: On a test system you
    install application, turn the SELinux to permissive and run a full test
    suit. You collect all the AVCs in say Elasticsearch (can use common logging
    ViaQ project for that) and then there is a tool that searches the AVC,
    groups them and creates a policy out of them.
  * add option to open bugzilla
  * output to Ansible playbook/role task (add option for this)

I would also like to know which feature would you appreciate the most.

Thanks

Jan Zarsky