Re: Policy capabilities: when to use and complications with using

On Thu, May 04, 2017 at 09:22:22PM +0200, Petr Lautrbach wrote:
> On 05/04/2017 07:50 PM, Dominick Grift wrote:

> >> Thanks, Yes i suppose you are right. Release Candidates would probably potentially cause too much disruption even in Rawhide.
> >> COPR should do the job, although will not be as accessible as Rawhide. It won't get the same kind of attention, but it will do for me.
> >
> > With COPR though we might be able to package more frequent and not just RC's (weekly's/nightly's)? If that can somehow be automated  then we also do not have to worrie so much about keeping things maintained over time
>

> I'm just building new set of updates in my COPR plautrba/selinux
> repository [1]. It's based on latest upstream sources with some Fedora
> patches on the top of it currently tracked in my github tree [2]. But
> there are some problems and it's not ready yet.

Most of the fedora specific patches I will probably not be able to test. I don't (can't) use semanage, policycoreutils-GUI etc.
I am mainly able to test libselinux, libsepol and policycoreutils

> I used to build vanilla upstream sources [3] but the latest build is 15
> months old. I can restart this project if there's an interest.

That would be nice, especially if it could be automated. So that I have some kind of assurance that it is maintained.
I dont add COPRs much but when i do i intent to keep using them consistently. I wouldnt want to have dead COPR repositories to worry about.

> Since COPR provides API with an authentication token, builds can
> automated and I have few scripts I used before.
>
> I think it could even work for Rawhide with less frequent update cycle.

I would prefer Rawhide because then we reach a broader audience.

> [1] https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/plautrba/selinux/
> [2] https://github.com/bachradsusi/selinux/tree/WIP-master
> [3] https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/plautrba/selinux-master/builds/
>
> Petr

Thanks!

--
Key fingerprint = 5F4D 3CDB D3F8 3652 FBD8  02D5 3B6C 5F1D 2C7B 6B02
https://sks-keyservers.net/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x3B6C5F1D2C7B6B02