Re: Wrong alignment when listing user/login with semanage in French

Le 17/01/17 à 22:45, Stephen Smalley a écrit :
On Sat, 2017-01-14 at 13:48 +0100, Laurent Bigonville wrote:
Hi,

Not sure I already posted this on the ML.

When listing the user/login with semanage (login/user -l) in French
(and
probably in other languages as well), the columns headers are not
properly aligned.

This makes it sometimes difficult to read the output(and it's ugly),
see: https://i.imgur.com/zhZkebc.png

Some of the translations should maybe be fixed in this case to make
them
shorter, but the alignment should probably be dynamic.

RHEL/Fedora[1] contains the python binding for libsmartcols, maybe
this
could be used to do the formating?
Not sure.  Is it readily available in other distributions and in
OpenEmbedded?

It's not in Debian (or Ubuntu) yet but I could package it for the next cycle. libsmartcols itself is part of util-linux.

For OpenEmbedded I don't know.