Re: [RFC] Build ANDROID_HOST=y on mac

On Sep 28, 2016 16:54, "Joshua Brindle" <brindle@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Joshua Brindle wrote:
>>
>> William Roberts wrote:
>>>
>>> From commit 35d702 on
>>> https://github.com/williamcroberts/selinux/tree/fix-mac
>>>
>>> I have a branch that is building on my elcapitan mac, requesting any
>>> comments anyone
>>> wishes to make, before I send them out.
>>>
>>> If you wish to test, this is the procedure
>>>
>>> 1. Build libsepol (assumes at root of tree)
>>> a, cd libsepol
>>> b. make
>>> 2. Build libselinux
>>> a. cd libselinux (assumes at root of tree)
>>> b. make ANDROID_HOST=y
>>>

>> This works for me.
>

> make install DESTDIR=/tmp/someidr mostly works, Mac ln does not support --relative so that fails. ANDROID_HOST also needs to be set in the top level makefile so that it propagates down:
>
> ANDROID_HOST ?= n

Yeah install doesn't work on Mac, that's why for Darwin we just set the path to the libsepol location for sefcontext_compile.

As for ANDROID_HOST, why does it need to go higher? It's only used in libselinux and is declared and used just like DISABLE_SETRANS...I'm not following you?