Re: DISABLE_AVC=y

On Wed, Sep 28, 2016 at 11:10 AM, Stephen Smalley <sds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 09/28/2016 11:00 AM, William Roberts wrote:
>> Same thing for DISABLE_BOOL, should that die or be fixed?
>
> Would that be useful for the Android device/target build, since they
> don't support booleans?

We don't compile the full source, thats how we avoid needing this,
booleans.c isn't included.

> I don't believe there are any users of EMBEDDED=y.  DISABLE_SETRANS=y
> and DISABLE_BOOL=y may make sense for Android (host and target builds).
> DISABLE_RPM is enabled in Fedora/RHEL now because they have updated rpm
> to use the more general setexecfilecon() interface introduced to support
> other package managers.  So we may want to even make DISABLE_RPM=y the
> default.  Technically that is an ABI break but since Red Hat is already
> shipping it that way and rpm has been updated, I'm not sure it matters.

Good to know, so I am looking at all of this in the context of we
don't accidentally want to install
with ANDROID_HOST=y. I'm thinking of something where we could write
the variables to
a .config file, and check for changes, if theirs a change, we could
force a clean, so you always
get what you want.

ie:
  $ make XXX=y
  $ make install

is always correct, for any given changes in build parameters, thoughts?