Re: genhomedircon: some issues with a custom policy

On 07/24/2016 12:27 AM, Gary Tierney wrote:
> Hi,
>
> There are a few issues I've run into with genhomedircon and a custom policy
> (i.e., not based on refpolicy), 2 of which prevent me from using genhomedircon,
> and 1 small issue which I can work around.
>
> The first main issue is that my custom policy doesn't use "system_u" as the
> system user identifier (instead it is "sys.id").  So when genhomedircon writes
> out contexts for my login they are still associated with sys.id because
> genhomedircon only does a simple search and replace for the default refpolicy
> system user identifier "system_u".  I had look at existing contexts in
> homedir_templates for refpolicy, fedora-selinux and the custom policy I'm using
> and it seems like it'd be safe enough to replace the SELinux user in all the
> HOMEDIR and USER context specifications regardless of if it matches "system_u".
> Would this be a reasonable approach?
>
> The second issue is RBACSEP in my policy.  There's currently no way for
> genhomedircon to know which role to associate with a logins file context specs
> if RBACSEP is used.  I noticed that genhomedircon will replace "ROLE" in context
> specs with whatever the SELinux users prefix is so I've currently hacked
> genhomedircon.c to replace the role in each context with whatever the users
> prefix is and have some policy like this:
>
> (in wheel
>     (tunableif enable_rbacsep
>         (true
>             (userprefix id wheel.role))))
>
> This makes sure all logins associated with wheel.id get a role of "wheel.role"
> in their generated context specs. This seems like a bit of a hack since
> historically the users prefix has been used for a prefix in a type identifier.
> Any suggestions on how this should be handled?
>
> The third and smallest issue is that semanage-login supports login identifiers
> with the %groupname format but genhomedircon doesn't expand them to the groups
> members.  I currently expand groups to their members in genhomedircon and treat
> a user belonging to 2 groups listed in seusers as an error.  Would a patch be
> accepted for this functionality?
>
> Thanks,
> Gary.

Gary thank you.

I have been wanting the above for quite some time. From a code
perspective i cannot give much feedback/comments, but i surface tested
this patch and all 3 features seem to work as advertised.

--
Key fingerprint = 5F4D 3CDB D3F8 3652 FBD8  02D5 3B6C 5F1D 2C7B 6B02
https://sks-keyservers.net/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x3B6C5F1D2C7B6B02