Re: RFC Fuzzing SE Linux interfaces

On 07/15/2016 04:18 PM, Roberts, William C wrote:

> A quick google search didn’t yield much, neither did a grep of the
> selinux-testsuite, but is their currently any fuzzing work being done on
> the selinux interfaces?

Not AFAIK.  There are general system call fuzzers for Linux such trinity
and syzkaller; if you want to do full fledged fuzzing, you probably want
to use one of those frameworks rather than rolling your own in
selinux-testsuite.  On the other hand, if you just want to write some
specific tests of the selinuxfs and /proc/pid/attr interfaces and add
them to selinux-testsuite, that's fine too.

> Also, I noticed that the test suite has some ToDo’s and I didn’t see
> tests surrounding ioctlcmd there, are their some implemented?

Not implemented yet, but they are mentioned in the ToDo list:
$ grep ioctl ToDo
ioctl: Test new ioctl whitelisting feature.

You'll need Fedora 24 or newer in order to have the corresponding
libsepol/checkpolicy support.