Fwd: SElinux user tools 2.5 change

 A customer is asking:

The SELinux userspace tools version 2.5 introduced a change to remove the semodule version from the semodule –l output.  This poses problems for people (like us) who are using configuration management tools like Puppet to manage SELinux modules – how is Puppet supposed to know which version of the module is installed?  Should it try to load the module every time?

I have raised the issue with Puppet as https://tickets.puppetlabs.com/browse/PUP-5649 but I believe the real question should be, how is a config management system supposed to know which version of a module to try to install?

Thanks for any assistance you can provide with this, and we will continue to run in enforcing mode by default for RHEL 7+.