Re: Selectively assigning SELinux policies to permissive and enforcement mode

On 06/19/2016 07:16 PM, Taeho Kgil wrote:
> Hi SELinux community,
>
> I'm relatively new to this mailing list and not sure if this is the
> appropriate place to raise this question.
>
> I am trying to see if we can selectively assign policies to permissive
> and enforcement. Is this a possible capability available today?

Yes, SELinux permissive domains allow you to do this.  On Linux
distributions, you can configure specific domains to be permissive via
the semanage permissive command, see:
https://selinuxproject.org/page/PermissiveDomainRecipe

On Android, you can achieve the same effect by adding a permissive
declaration for the domain to the corresponding .te file under
external/sepolicy (or system/sepolicy in master) or your
device/<vendor>/<product>/sepolicy directory, and then rebuilding your
image.  Of course, for your final production image, there must not be
any permissive domains, or it will fail the CTS.