Re: mcs design help

On Wed, Dec 9, 2015 at 1:49 PM, Higgs, Stephen <Stephen.Higgs@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Thank you, I should also clarify - the generic admin role (sysadm_r) should not have access to the database files (this was the tricky part for me, as the generic admin has a lot of rights), and I am implementing a dbadm_r role that can only administer the database/files.
>
> If going with TE, would it mostly be a matter adding an explicit constraint on domain transition to mysqld_t?

If you go the TE route, you'd be labeling your database files and
allowing the mysqld_t type permissions to it through interfaces/allow
rules.
You'd only associate dbadm_r with mysgld_t, so sysadm_r wouldn't have
those permissions.

But this brings me to another point...

Your design really depends upon which database files you're referring
to, exactly. Are these "database files" database-internal objects, or
actual external resource files?
There are should really be two types of admins (one for internal
database objects, and one for external, OS-level files/objects).

--Mike