Re: continuation of systemd/SELinux discussion from Github

Le 02/12/15 19:20, Stephen Smalley a écrit :
On 12/02/2015 05:18 AM, Dominick Grift wrote:
Let's continue the discussion here.

The last answered questionnaire is below, any further questions or
comments?:

         "systemd --user" concept is broken as we can see/read from this
         thread from SELinux point of view.

It was working fine except that it was trying to log to the audit system
which unprivileged processes arent allowed to do.

What's the dbus solution for this issue?
That one I can reply.

The dbus-daemon check if the AUDIT_CAP is set on its process an then open the audit netlink and then start logging. The idea was to set the file capability on the executable, but Simon (dbus-daemon upstream) was not sure he wanted that as dbus-daemon has not been audited and was afraid of some security issues (If somebody has an opinion on whether the file capability should be set by default or not, please tell me).

These are the "recent" patches involved in the auditing:
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/dbus/dbus/commit/?id=517c4685a8197498dea40918b308beea19155efd
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/dbus/dbus/commit/?id=992236f1c57a7a8930e4c8aeb21f30c2d8af21d3
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/dbus/dbus/commit/?id=983237258dc440419b863461fae15f31cce08639
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/dbus/dbus/commit/?id=a3a5935a0a038c3b44c61ce5719f0f7e647b96c6