Re: does load_policy default to loading the lowest polvers available?

On Wed, Oct 14, 2015 at 12:53:06PM -0400, Stephen Smalley wrote:

> >I just reboot that machine, and it happened again! So the dangling 29
> >file was not at all related.
> >
> >This issue is so weird, and so hard to narrow down.
> >
> >I have about 7 systems all with the same policy, same selinux userspace, different form factors,
> >2 laptops (one rawhide, on fedora 23), one worksstation (rawhide) and
> >4 qemu/kvm guests (all rawhide)
> >
> >Theyre pretty much all identical from a config point of view except that
> >the workstation is a hypervisor and router
> >
> >The workstation is the issue. I am getting avc denials for the same
> >access vectors (but only on the workstation):
> >
> >system {status start }
> >
> >(obivously the rules to allow it are present in the policy)
>
> You say "obviously"; how have you verified?  You could run sesearch on the
> kernel's view of the policy (/sys/fs/selinux/policy), or you could run
> compute_av from libselinux.
>
> If allowed by policy but denied by systemd (since those are systemd
> permissions, not kernel ones, and unfortunately use a kernel class), then
> I've only seen that on a policy reload that alters the class definitions.
> That issue should be fixed by the patch I posted a while back for
> libselinux, which I believe should now be in rawhide.

Yes well setools (3) needs to be updated (only supports up to version 29),
but it does not build without a patch and i was hoping fedora would
update its setools (theres a bugzilla open for that). so far it hasnt
done so, and I haven't done so myself either (was hoping they would do
it instead)

Setools(4) doesnt work with my policy (it can't deal with cil namespaces
seemingly, and returns non-sense)

However I did query the, what should be, same policy on my fedora 23
system and the rules are in there. So that is why i said "obviously"

My libselinux is uptodate to 5aeb4c350b5cba13a68fc11e365bede82ad2cafb
This means that it has your fix for the policy reload issue

Could it be that this fix actually introduced this? I do not believe
that but I am not sure. (at this point I am not sure of anything)

Why does it work sometimes but fail most of the time. why does this only
happen on one system. I am pretty sure i do not have any faulty RAM. Also everything else works fine and the
issue always on applies to the "system { start stop status }" access
vectors. any other ones work fine for example "service { start stop
status }" works fine.

- --
02DFF788
4D30 903A 1CF3 B756 FB48  1514 3148 83A2 02DF F788
https://sks-keyservers.net/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x314883A202DFF788
Dominick Grift