Re: newrole not working when built with LSPP_PRIV=y

Le 29/09/15 21:35, Stephen Smalley a écrit :
On 09/26/2015 09:10 PM, Laurent Bigonville wrote:
[...]

The patch seems to break an other thing, it Fedora the newrole
executable is not setuid root, but it is granted a bunch of capabilities
explicitly, if I setuid this executable instead of granting these
capabilities, I get yet an other error:

Sorry, newrole failed to drop capabilities: Operation not permitted

So I guess something need to be fixed here.

Yes, the current code just seems to be wrong here. The setresuid() call will drop all capabilities if newrole is setuid-root and the caller is non-root, so it will end up dropping all capabilities immediately. Then the attempt to further set the capabilities will fail (as above), as will any subsequent privileged operations. As currently written, this can only work if not setuid-root and using file-caps. And in that case, the setresuid() call doesn't make sense.

Dan?

Apparently libcapng has a capng_change_id(3) function that can be used to "change the credentials retaining capabilities".

Laurent Bigonville