Re: selinux network control question

On Fri, Sep 25, 2015 at 12:25:03PM -0400, Stephen Smalley wrote:

<snip>

> >> peer labeling can be based on labeled IPSEC or netlabel.
> >> NetLabel can only pass MLS labels across the network, although it can convey full contexts locally (see the selinux-testsuite for a configured example under tests/inet_socket or the SELinux Notebook for further examples).
> >> Labeled IPSEC can pass full labels locally or across the network (ditto).
> >
> > So i only need a single "peer type" (the one associated with the peer isid)
>
> Guessing you mean the netmsg isid here; that's for NetLabel only and only to provide a default user/role/type for CIPSO packets.  netlabelctl can be configured to specify other fallbacks.

Thanks a lot. That cleared it up for me. Yes indeed i meant netmsg isid.

I basically exposed a macro that allowed one to create additional "peer
types" earlier. So i removed that. There is now only one peer type
(peer.peer), and that is the one associated with the netmsg isid.

Pretty much everything else seems to be in order. Thanks again for your
patience and guidance

--
02DFF788
4D30 903A 1CF3 B756 FB48  1514 3148 83A2 02DF F788