Re: selinux mls/mcs rang modify

On Fri, Aug 14, 2015 at 02:45:05PM +0800, rowan wrote:
> Dear all,
>
>          When do test, I use semanage change the mls/mcs range of selinux
> user 'system_u' from 's0-s0:c0.c1023' to 's0-s0:c0.c1020',cmd as bleow
>
>                    'semanage user -m -r s0-s0:c0.c1020 system_u'
>

> How do I change it back?

I think I know what you are getting at here. Libsemanage does not do a good job with validation.

you could try to remove or change  any login mappings of system_u that authorize use of categories that exceeds the range associated with system_u user mapping first , or change that range so that it is equal to or fall in the range of the system_u user mapping.

What, i think happened was, is that libsemanage allowed you to change the range associated with the system_u id, even though there is a login mapping in place that associates one or more linux uids with system_u and a range that exceeds the range that is associated with system_u

libsemanage shouldnt have let you done that in the first place. It should have said instead: " Hey! i noticed you are trying to change the levelrange associated with system_u, but there currently is a login mapping in place that associates system_u, and a range that exceeds that of system_u with a linux id. I can't do that!"

Now when you try to change the range associated with system_u back to the old state. libsemanage wont allow you to because there is a login mapping of system_u with a range that exceeds the current range.

So if this is at all possible without manually editting /etc/selinux/*/seusers(.local)? then try and use semanage to make the range of any login mapping that applies to system_u equal or less than the range associated with system_u id

I hope this makes sense, i realise that it is kind of confusing

> Thanks
>
> rowan

02DFF788
4D30 903A 1CF3 B756 FB48  1514 3148 83A2 02DF F788
http://keys.gnupg.net/pks/lookup?op=vindex&search=0x314883A202DFF788
Dominick Grift