Re: type inheritance in CIL

On Mon, Jun 29, 2015 at 02:56:34PM -0400, James Carter wrote:
> On 06/29/2015 07:19 AM, Miroslav Grepl wrote:
> >>
> >>One of those features that really define CIL but that is currently
> >>not available or fully working yet.
> >>

> Inheritance in CIL is handled with blocks.
>
> The following policy:
>
> (block b1
>   (type t)
>   (allow t self (CLASS (PERM)))
> )
>
> (block b2
>   (blockinherit b1))
>
> Would result in two types (b1.t and b2.t) and two rules.
>
> See block_test.cil and name_resolution_test.cil in secilc/test/ for more
> examples. Everything should work, but, of course, it has seen less testing
> at this point.

Thanks I am aware of that featurew, namespacing is also still a bit buggy in my view though.

If this is meant to be a substitute for typeinherit then how is one supposed to implement something that behaves like typeinheritfilter?

You are aware the typeinherit and typeinheritfilter are still documented on https://github.com/SELinuxProject/cil/wiki?

> Jim
>
> >>My suggestion is to study the "cilpolicy" (which is really just a
> >>snapshot of reference policy transformed to cil with hll i
> >>believe)
> >>
> >>This will give you some pointers as to how to create an alternative
> >>implementation that achieves a similar result.
> >>
> >>When you write CIL policy, there are some "bugs" to take into
> >>account and to workaround.
> >>

> >Sure there are different ways how to write it. I just wanted to
> >combine it with the current Fedora policy as much as possible without
> >re-writing the current Fedora policy.

> --
> James Carter <jwcart2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> National Security Agency

02DFF788
4D30 903A 1CF3 B756 FB48  1514 3148 83A2 02DF F788
http://keys.gnupg.net/pks/lookup?op=vindex&search=0x314883A202DFF788
Dominick Grift