Re: New module store + /var being split off

On Fri, Jun 12, 2015 at 05:18:31PM +0200, Miroslav Grepl wrote:
> We are close to get the latest userspace (modules store + CIL) into
> Fedora. We just have a discussion about "/var" being split off and be
> mounted only very late at boot.
>
> Can you think about an issue with that? I don't see any urgent blocker
> which blocks the boot process.

As far as I can see, there is no impact upon the boot process from anything
in /var/lib/selinux. This location only matters when you want to rebuild the
policy (or manipulate the policy, for instance when SELinux booleans are
being changed and persisted).

In Gentoo we have the 2.4 userspace in our "testing" branch for a while and
I did not receive any reports yet related to /var being a separate file
system.

Wkr,
        Sven Vermeulen