Re: CIL: migrate_store issues with MLS policy

On 05/21/2015 10:42 AM, Miroslav Grepl wrote:
> We try to get working Fedora SELinux policy builds with migrated store.
> But we get some issues with MLS policy. We needed to add the following
> fixes to make it working.
>
> https://github.com/mgrepl/selinux-policy/commit/daad0252400284027e8a5c300addf6226f74e312

Looks like a bug with the pp2cil converter. Looking into this.

> and
>
> https://github.com/mgrepl/selinux-policy/commit/113792a78ac27e8a05b4e3b550d7bc40c3c937db

This works for staff_r, user_r, and sysadm_r because of this hack:

https://github.com/SELinuxProject/selinux/blob/master/libsepol/src/module_to_cil.c#L2023-L2045

The issue here is that secadm and auditadm are always defined in their
respective modules, but conditionally defined in base if enable_mls is
true. Because of this, we can't really use the hack mentioned above,
because auditadm_r and secamd_r aren't always in base, which that hack
relies on.

It's possible we could do the reverse of that for these roles, and only
declare secadm_r and auditadm_r when NOT converting a base module. But I
this could potentially break things if enable_mls == true and
auditadm/secadm modules aren't installed, but something still relies on
the roles. Not immediately clear if that's the case. Will have to look
into this...