Re: Give out all the avc logs in ome time

On 05/05/2015 10:18 PM, Zhi Xin wrote:
> Hi Stephen,
>
> Thanks a lot for the suggestion. I will try them later. I have another question for this audit ratelimit. Why not always disable it ? Too much printk come up ?

In general, the printk and audit ratelimits are to prevent a denial of
service (DOS) by flooding the system with too many messages/denials.  In
the case of Android, they started setting the audit ratelimit in logd
(starting with 5.1.0) because of reported crashes that _might_ have been
due to a large number of SELinux denials flooding the serial console and
ultimately leading to a watchdog reset, although I am not sure if the
exact cause was ever fully confirmed.