Re: secilc bug

On Mon, May 04, 2015 at 11:33:06AM -0400, Steve Lawrence wrote:

> I think this might be a reset issue, with classmappings or something
> related to classmappings not getting reset/re-resolved correctly. I've
> noticed that with xserver.cil removed, some optional fails and causes a
> re-resolve. Then when writing to the binary, the allow rule mentioned
> ends up with all perms being empty, and so the allow rule is never added.
>
> Note I also needed to modify EXCLUDE to exclude a handful of files due
> to dependencies with xserver. I've attached that file.

Yes, indeed. My policy infrastructure support local changes though

One can create an EXCLUDE.local file in the root and in there add the modules one wishes to exclude

This file should not conflict with the "upstream" EXCLUDE file

So EXCLUDE is used by upstream and EXCLUDE.local is for local exclusions

Similarly seusers and seusers.local

Basically the repository has a local and upstream side, so that one can make local changes without breaking the repository by for example updating it with git pull