Re: spinlock in centos 6.4 and redhat enterprise 6 using chcon

I'm wondering if it might be a bug in glibc in that centos release
rather than in libselinux.  I don't see any relevant difference in
libselinux/src/setrans_client.c between the .src.rpm for centos 6.4 and
current master to explain it, so if it is truly a bug in libselinux, it
would seem to still be present.

Could be. I will try to send them a mail as well, maybe they have
some ideas. I'll keep you guys posted if I learn something useful
for selinux. At this point, I am mostly trying to find a workaround
that doesn't require excessive tinkering from my client. Also,
personal curiosity.

Also, it looks like 6.4 is long since obsolete, so upgrading would be
advisable regardless.

It's a business customer and I can't propose that as a solution.

--
Stefano Borini
QuantumWise A/S