Re: virtualenv

On 01/30/2015 11:43 AM, Andrew Holway wrote:
> Hello,
>
> We're using virtualenv so we can use weird and wonderful python
> libraries. In the process of writing the SELinux policy module we have
> found that the parent process is in the initrc_t domain rather than the
> desired myapp_t domain.
>
> It seems the virtualenv parent process is not transitioning to the
> nativeapi_t domain because the shell command "source" is not a
> standalone executable therefore we cannot set this with the
> "nativeapi_exec_t" type label. Is there a way around that would be more
> elegant than using some kind of wrapper script?
>
> Its a bit odd to me that the parent process can be in one domain and the
> children in another.

BTW, that's not odd at all - domain transitions normally occur on exec,
so when a parent process does a fork+exec and you have defined a domain
transition in policy on the type assigned to the executable, the child
will run in the new domain, and you'll have parent and child in
different domains.  That's to be expected.