Re: fs_use_trans

On 10/10/2014 07:05 PM, William Roberts wrote:
> The docs for fs_use_trans state:
>
> The fs_use_trans statement is used to allocate a security context to
> pseudo filesystems such as pseudo terminals and temporary objects. The
> assigned context is derived from the creating process and that of the
> filesystem type based on transition rules.
>

> Can someone give me an example? For instance if I had:
>
> fs_use_trans devpts u:object_r:devpts:s0;
>
> and a daemon running with context:
> u:r:init:s0
>
> and it creates something on the devpts, what is the resulting context
> of the object?

It depends on whether you have a type_transition rule defined in policy.
For example, in the Android policy, we have the create_pty() macro
defined in te_macros, and if you had create_pty(init) in your policy,
then it would set up a type transition so that any pty created by init
would be labeled with a init_devpts type rather than just devpts.