Re: semanage commit forces CPU to 100%

On 07/02/2014 09:05 AM, Andy Ruch wrote:
Hello,

I'm experiencing a pretty serious issue when making changes with semanage. I'm running RHEL 6.5 with a custom SELinux policy. The semanage process will lockup and use 100% of the CPU. The only way to stop it is to hard reset the system. When I reset the system, the SELinux policy will sometimes become corrupt, forcing me to re-install the policy. This issue will occur roughly one third of the time I run semanage. I have seen this happen when performing several different actions, including doing an SELinux policy RPM update. For testing, however, I repeatedly run:

semanage user -a -R sysadm_r -R staff_r -r s0-s0:c0.c1023 myuser_u

I was able to trace it through the python code to where commit() is being called, but I haven't dug into the C code yet. Has anyone seen anything like this before? It could be a problem with my policy, but why doesn't it happen every time? Any thoughts on where to look in the C code?

How long is the semanage process at 100% before you do a hard reset? Some operations do take a while.

Can you reproduce the issue without your custom policy?

--
James Carter <jwcart2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
National Security Agency