Re: secilc: classmappings do not work

On Fri, 2014-05-16 at 10:20 -0400, James Carter wrote:
> On 05/16/2014 08:14 AM, Dominick Grift wrote:
> > I wanted to try out some of the less common features of cil after
> > studying the cil reference guide but its been a bumpy ride.
> >
> > Anyhow classmappings do not work
> >
> > I have for example this one
> >
> > (clasmap dirs (list))
> >
> > (classmapping dirs list
> >      read_lnk_file_perms
> >      list_dir_perms
> > )
> >
> > The read_lnk_file_perms and list_dir_perms are classpermissionsets
> > (which work nicely)
> >
> > Only the first entry works (in this example read_lnk_file_perms)
> > The other entries (like in this example list_dir_perms) do not make it
> > to the resulting policy
> >
> > I have also tried this with straight rules instead of
> > classpermissionsets (same result)
> >

> It will work if it is written as:
>
> (classmapping dirs list
>        ((read_lnk_file_perms)
>        (list_dir_perms))
> )
>
> There is a bit of awkwardness to lists of class-permissions. All of the
> following are acceptable:
>
> 1. SETNAME
> 2. (CLASS (PERM1 PERM2 ...))
> 3. ((CLASS (PERM1 PERM2 ...)) (SETNAME) ...)
>
> We allow case 2 because it is the common case for allow rules, but because of
> case 2, if you have more than a single class-permission, everything must be
> enclosed in parenthesis.
>
> We are planning to change the syntax, but I haven't gotten around to doing it yet.
>
> The new syntax would only allow cases 1 and 2. If you want to assign more than
> one class-permission to a classmap, classpermissionset, or rule you would just
> use multiple rules.
>
> So your classmapping would be:
>
> (classmapping dirs list
>        read_lnk_file_perms
> )
>
> (classmapping dirs list
>        list_dir_perms
> )
>
> Would this new syntax make more sense to you?

Yes i suppose it would as i actually wanted to try that (eventually i
did not bother to try it though since i just trusted the cil reference
guide which made no mention of it.

For now i will try the temporary solution with the extra parens, and
make a note to adjust as soon as a more permanent solution becomes
available