Re: No AVCs written to /var/log/messages

Two possible things.

1) in permissive you only get the same denial one time.  So if you
launch a program and it causes some denials, the second time you
launch it there will be no denials.

2) If they are early in boot, before syslog starts, they might be
lost, or in old machines there was a /var/log/dmesg...

Do you see the denials when you run the dmesg command?