Regarding call security_compute_av()

Hello friends,
             I just had a few questions about the above mentioned call
which is located in selinux/ss/services.c. Questions as follows :

1) As the calls documentation reads, it is responsible for computing
access decisions for source and target security contexts. Does that
means if the call is always returns 0 then access would be permitted? Is
that a valid logic? I believe value of rc says if access is allowed or not?

2) I noticed it calls context_struct_compute_av() which initializes AVC
defaults, does preliminary checks and returns value of rc. Is my reasoning
correct?

3) Who calls security_compute_av() ?

Some of my questions may sound rhetorical, but I am just getting my thought
process straight. Thank you very much guys. Cheers. :-)