Re: [SELinux] We found that there was bug on at /kernel/security/selinux/avc.c:158!

On 03/28/2014 05:27 AM, Tim_lee@xxxxxxx wrote:
> Hello guys,
>

> I’m Tim Lee from HTC who have mailed to you guys before about SELinux
> problem.
>
> Now, we found that there was bug on at /kernel/security/selinux/avc.c:158!
>
> Could you please help us to check why SELinux will got this kind of
> error then trigger bug on? Thanks.

Note the "SELinux:  Invalid class 119" message just prior to the BUG.
The BUG is when there is an out-of-range class value passed to the AVC.
Given the call chain, this suggests you have an inode whose i_security
pointer is referencing memory containing garbage values.

Previously for a different issue, I suggested that you apply this patch:
https://android-review.googlesource.com/#/c/79591/

I don't see that in the kernel to which you linked.  Have you applied it?

I also note that you have out-of-tree modules and proprietary modules
listed in your kernel log, so there is certainly potential for memory
corruption or lack of proper initialization/handling of
inode->i_security there.

You don't need to post to both lists; just pick the most relevant one.